Sunday, May 12, 2013

TALLY STICKS - Center2Pockets

Craft Sticks Make FUN 
And Colorful Tally Marks!


My SunnyDaz Kids love to work with Tally Sticks.
It is a great Centers activity.

Tally Sticks are a FUN and EASY way 
to introduce  and practice: 
Tally Marks
Counting and
Skip Counting by 5's.
They are easy to handle and organize.
The Tally Sticks made the transition 
to recording Tally Marks easy.


I bought a package of colored craft sticks.  
They came in four colors of 
red, yellow, blue and green.
I also bought a package of 
plain wooden craft sticks.
Now I had five colors and an easy way 
for kids to make sets of five with 
Tally Sticks! 
(What else could I call them?)
    
When I used the Tally Sticks in a demonstration my SunnyDaz Kids asked 
if they could count with them.  
Kids wanting to count? 
Of course I said "YES!"
And another Center2Pockets activity was born.
I love it when they get so excited 
about a demonstration that 
they are just itching to try it.
Give Tally Sticks a try with your kids
 and watch them go!
    

Enjoy!

Here are 2 PURRRfect Books to go with 
Tally Sticks!
  
Click on an image above to purchase a book from Amazon.

Come join me and 
Enjoy Making #Education FUN 4 #Kids!

Thanks for stopping by :)
Wherever U are, in our
 Whole Wide World,
I'm Wishing...
Sunshine And
Sunny Daz 4 U

*1 Homework for SunnyDaz Kids*
Parents monitor your child as they do this homework.
Practice making Tally Marks. 
Practice skip counting by 5's to 100!
Write a comment that says: I did it.
Leave a comment and you will be one of my SunnyDaz Kids.
I have taught hundreds over the years.
There is room for you too!
See you at school 
or back here at SunnyDaz4U.

♥Sunny


No comments:

Post a Comment